11.26.2006

Lots of updates...

It's Sunday evening and I am enjoying the last few free hours before it's time for bed and then time to wake up for work. I've had a nice, looong, relaxing but productive weekend and here's a list of what went down...

Thursday - I had breakfast with Danielle and her family. It was yummy! I had to pace myself though because I would be having Thanksgiving dinner with Gary and Patti Smith's family later in the day. I think the key to Thanksgiving food is pacing yourself. I had a wonderful time with the Smith's. The food and company were excellent! We played games and we watched the movie, Cars.

Friday - I slept in from my night of partying with the Smiths and enjoyed the day. I did not go anywhere. I live near the outlets and 30 and I did not want to venture out into Black Friday. Crazy!

Saturday - I helped with moving the Garners. It was tons of fun and all I have to say is "It's all about the Purple!" Julie has this amazing Dyson vacuum cleaner and let's just say that 2 college educated women could not figure out how to use it! We probably spent a good part of the time trying to figure the thing out, but it rocked! I had tons of fun catching up with my good friend Lisa (hey homeslice!) while we slaved and cleaned the whole apartment. Later that night, I caught up with Tracy G. at Regional Hospital and visited with Tony. Praise God Tony is doing better! He looks so much better and he may get to go home this week. Please continue to pray for a complete recovery and for peace for both Tony and Tracy.

Sunday - Spent most of the day preparing for the week. And I took some pictures with my newest purchase - a Canon Powershot A540. After researching and asking friends and family members advice, I went with this camera and I got a pretty sweet deal and I didn't have to be out in the crazy shopping Black Friday frenzy. I wanted to get one for my trip to Hawaii coming up soon. (Sorry I mentioned it but if you're curious to see how many days until my trip, I have a countdown to the left - as of today, it's 23 days!). I will need to practice and learn how to use it so I will be ready for Hawaii. Below is one my attempts.


Thanks for catching up with me! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
Just wanted to say we loved having you Thursday a.m.! Hope you have a great week, see ya at CG. :)
~danielle~

LauraJoy said...

Sara-
I'm so jealous you got a new digital camera!! You'll have to let me know how you like it. My mom is thinking about getting me one for christmas and is looking for a good one at a decent price! Anyway LOVE the pic you took. You know me....I love a good random nature pic. Anyway, still jealous of the Hawaii thing, but I'm getting over it....S-L-O-W-L-Y. later!
LC