4.25.2007

Memories

As I have been going from room to room packing up my apartment, many memories fill my head of the 6 years I've lived there. Many happy memories, many cherished memories, many grace overflowing memories. I will share one of my favorite below, but can I ask for everyone who reads this to post their favorite or most memorable time at my apartment?

My aim in this is not to boast that my place was the place to be, but to remember and reflect on God's kindness and goodness to me in that apartment and to take that with me to my new place. My hope is that the good work that God has done in the apartment would translate to the new house. Just because I am going to a new place with new challenges doesn't mean God will be any less faithful or good. God never changes even though things around us always will. So please post your favorite memory and before I close, I'll post mine.

While I was a member, the ladies of the young adult care group would meet at my apartment twice a month. One of my favorite memories was when we were divided into groups and had to perform skits with whatever props we had. We could make up the skit to be whatever we wanted, but we had to use all the props. I remember very distinctly the skit I was in because it was so much fun and also hilarious. I also like doing impromptu skits too! I don't think I remember seeing Cynthia laugh so hard and so much! The two people in my skit that I remember was Kara Miller and Ann Gatchell. I think we decided to do an updated version of the book of Ruth. Kara played Boaz, I played Naomi and Ann played Ruth. We decided that most of the skit would revolve around Naomi "counseling" Ruth about how to get Boaz's attention. Ann and I didn't have any lines - we just decided to adlib it - which was the best part I think. I can't remember all the lines or the props, which is probably good for Ann and mine's sake, but I do remember it was the best time I had with the ladies in the caregroup. We laughed so hard and so long.

Toodles!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that time...and I remember your skit better than mine because it was indeed hilarious!
One memory I have happened one evening when I stayed late after caregroup. You, Ann and I were outside for some reason and didn't realize that we locked the appartment door accidentally. I think we ended up damaging the window blinds in our attempt to get back in and finally Ann figured a way through your mail slot opening. Definetely amusing AFTER it happened!
love,
Viv

Anonymous said...

My favorite memory, and I think my only one, was showing up to pick my sister up after girls group, only to find you weren't done yet and be invited in to observe and wait. Shortly thereafter, I felt a pressing need to make sure the car hadn't been stolen and remained on guard in the parking lot until you actually finished. Not that you all weren't welcoming, but there was a little to much girl vibe in there for me:)

you know who

Anonymous said...

Wow...there are so many!!! I just love how closely the girl's group bonded, specifically the year we were split into groups and really challenged to grow closer to one another. It was a very special, meaningful time and I got a lot of great advice and wise counsel that year! :)
My other special memory is when a bunch of us were there watching "Princess Bride". You could hardly hear the movie because everyone in the room was speaking the lines!! :) Definitely good times!
love ya Sara,
~d~

LauraJoy said...

ummmm....danielle can't possibly be referring to me during the princess bride!! i mean, i don't know every word or anything! ;)
I enjoyed all your hospitality during girls' group times too. I know your gift of hospitality will carry thru to your new place. can't wait! :)