5.31.2007

Set Apart

So, in the past couple of the days, the word "slacker" has been mentioned to me and I guess it has been awhile since I posted. Thank you though for not calling me a "slacker" right away since I posted pictures because it's been a very busy month of May for me.

This past weekend, I finished unpacking ALL the boxes that needed to be unpacked. Some might call the boxes strewn everywhere shabby chic, but to me, it was all shabby and no chic. I have hung up a few things on the walls and I'm starting to get into feelings of normalcy around the house. I've met more of my neighbors, specifically across the street. Every neighbor I meet keeps telling me what a great neighborhood it is and everyone seems genuinely welcoming me into their world.

This past weekend was a long one for me since I had the Monday holiday and I took off two extra days. On cool mornings I would sit outback on my porch and have devotions and watch the birds, bunnies and squirrels bustling here and there.

As I was having devotions one day and crying out to God for faith in an area where my faith is so small and grows less and less it seems, I was reminded that nothing is too hard for the Lord and that He deeply cares for those He has sent His Son to die on the cross for their sins and called to live a life of trusting and obeying Him. The blessings and life He's given me has been set apart for me by Him alone through grace. I need not worry or fret because He is the author and sustainer of my life. And I find great comfort that when Jesus was here on earth he experienced human life and can relate to all my weaknesses. Now that he is in heaven, he is at the Father's side petitioning for me in my weaknesses.

So that's my update...Toodles!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you again! Thanks for sharing how God is meeting you and also blessing you in your new home! :)

Julie Garner said...

She's back in action on the blog site! Make sure when you're sitting on that back porch that you always keep one eye toward the playground below because we always look up and wave to you when we go there. We stop under your house and point up and tell Jude, "Sara lives right there" and then we all say "Hi, Sara" and Jude waves. We weren't at the playground though last week when you were having your devotions.

God WILL meet you in this place of weakness, Sarah! Keep pressing in to Him.

Love ya!
Jules

Julie Garner said...

Oops! I put an H in your name!!! Next thing I'll be calling you Kathy!

Steph B. said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!
I know you have been busy, it is good to hear from you.

Miss you.