7.15.2010

Adopted by God - Music

For those following along, I wanted to share about how for the past year, I've been studying the topic of adoption, specifically those who have been adopted by God through Christ. Thankfully, and I think this confirms that studying it was not my original idea, there have been resources that have assisted in the study. Today, I want to share some of the music that has aided me in thinking about being adopted by God.

This may come as no shock to some readers, but the album Sons and Daughters produced by Sovereign Grace music has had alot of airplay this year for me. The first song I heard was "The Father's Love" played during our One Single Day event and incorporated in the video. Well, then I had to get the CD of course. All of the songs are great, but the songs getting the most replaying are the aforementioned "The Father's Love," "The Prodigal," and "You Never Change."

A couple of months ago, I came across a video animation that was made of the song "The Prodigal" which you can watch below.



I'm very grateful for the musicians and artists who have taken the time to write, produce and share these songs and video for the body of Christ. It is encouraging to put the CD in my car and listen to these songs as I am driving to work, the grocery store or just to get gas. These songs are wonderful reminders of truth that God has extended lavish grace and love on His children.

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. I John 3:1

No comments: