9.29.2006

More time to pray.....

Another way to find uninterrupted time to pray for Alivia Haughery and for other things is to be stuck in the middle of a wicked thunderstorm after grocery shopping. :-) Before you keep reading, please go to Alivia's page for an important update.

So there I was in the parking lot of Giant on 23 for about an hour praying for lots of things including wisdom and safety to get home. See I'm not really good at keeping up with tthe weather and if I knew what kind of storm it would be I would not be out it in. However, God planned this nice little chunk of time for me to pray without minimal distraction and by the end of the hour, I was rejoicing in God and thanking him for his kindness to me.

As I was praying for Alivia and watching the rain and the night sky light up with streaks of lightning, I was drawn to the display of God's power and might. God is the one who makes it rain and who tells where the lightning bolts should go and He is the one who stops the rain and lightning. Later I looked up in my Bible's concordance the word lightning and was drawn to this passage in Jeremiah 10:12-14.
But God made the earth by his power;
he founded the world by his wisdom
and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar;
he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.
He sends lightning with the rain
and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

It made me think of Alivia. God made Alivia with his power. Sure I know physically how babies are made, but God is the only one who is the author and the sustainer of life. He also gave, in his wisdom, Alivia to her wonderful parents and a wonderful large extended family who are caring for her. He is also the only one who can truly heal her. If you didn't read The BigWig post I sent you to above, PLEASE stop right now and read it.

Please lift this little girl up in your prayers and pray that God heals her. Please pray for James and Emily and their extended families as they all walk through this.

Thanks in advance for your prayers!

Toodles!

No comments: