4.16.2007

Home Sweet Home


Hello everyone! I've been wanting to write this post for sometime and I've finally got the brief time and brief brain power to write it.

The past couple of weeks as I've been thinking about the layout of my new house and all the details in it, from paint colors to furniture arrangement, I've been trying to maintain a perspective of making the house into a home. What I mean is that I have some ideas and some goals in mind for my future home.

And so these are my goals. Would you consider joining in prayer for these goals as well as if you have any words of wisdom, would you pass them along? Thanks in advance.

My future home:

1. Would be a place of rest, rejuvenation and peace for all who enter.

2. Would be a place where grace, forgiveness, mercy and compassion happen daily.

3. Would be a place where guests will find Jesus Christ as Lord of the home.

4. Would be a place of hospitality and biblical fellowship.

5. Would be a place where the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ shines brightly to neighbors.

Toodles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
what wonderful goals! They show your heart for God and the work that He is daily accomplishing in your life. :) As you shared them, I was able to see your goals with the person you are! They are not just words, they are truly your heart!

Steph B. said...

I agree with Danielle 100%. It does show your heart. Your heart for the Lord. I will pray with you and for you :)

Counting down the days with you :)

Anonymous said...

Changing the lyrics slighty to fit your life, Fernando Ortega's "Prayer for Home":

Grant her peace,
Most precious gift of all
Keep the worried world
Far away and small
When she returns,
May quiet fill her soul
Dearest Lord, keep her safe
Within its walls
....
Many a burdened friend
In her company rises
A heavy heart is
Soon released to fly
May her table be blessed
With laughter and with grace
And by the comfort of kinship
Be surprised

:)